JASON FISHER, OF COUNSEL
Jason helps clients navigate challenging landscapes and resolve disputes. He regularly handles matters involving international scope and public policy elements, and necessitating crisis management capabilities. Jason has extensive experience in assisting companies with cross-border operations and compliance, in pursuing international litigation and arbitration, and in rendering opinions on novel and foreign legal questions.
Recent representative matters include:
- Breach of contract action concerning a Latin American technology firm and a top five, U.S.-based e-commerce company
- Advising a U.S. online services start-up company
- Copyright infringement claims brought against one of the ten largest media companies in the world
- Civil RICO suit brought by several hundred plaintiffs from around the United States
- Employment claims involving Europe’s biggest fashion conglomerate
- Intellectual property action concerning a Canadian manufacturer and retail companies based in the U.K., Japan, and Australia
- Counseling a mayoral campaign in one of the 30 largest cities in the United States
Before joining Emergent, Jason worked with several preeminent institutions in the United States and abroad, including WilmerHale LLP, where he focused on international disputes, complex litigation, and regulatory matters, and The Asia Foundation, where he provided general counsel and managed development programs. He also clerked for the Honorable Timothy M. Tymkovich of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the Honorable James O. Browning of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico.
Jason completed a J.D. and an M.A. in International Relations at the University of California, Berkeley, and received his B.A. summa cum laude in Economics and History from the University of New Mexico. At Berkeley, he served as an editor of the law review and earned several academic honors. Jason is admitted to practice law in California, New York, and the District of Columbia. See more on LinkedIn or email him at email@example.com.